Kingsland is expanding internationally and a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Developer to join the Kingsland team, based at one of our offices internationally, at our HQ in Norway, or remotely.
Kingsland is a Norwegian equestrian brand that has offered high performance, technical clothing and horse gear since 1999!
Here at Kingsland, we have a reputation for our subtle blend of classic equestrian fashion and contemporary design; this combination, together with our use of top-quality materials, has made Kingsland the favorite brand of many leading riders and equestrian professionals across all disciplines worldwide.
Today, Kingsland Equestrian is one of the world’s largest equestrians brands, with a turnover of 116.6 Million NOK in 2019 alone. We have an incredible team, consisting of 35 employees located across our offices in Norway (HQ), Denmark, Sweden, and China — in addition to sales agents across the world.
Kingsland is a brand created by avid equestrians and holds true to its roots to this very day by maintaining and enhancing the stylish aesthetic of horse and rider.
By utilizing innovative materials and keeping an eye firmly focused on garment fit, a Kingsland product is therefore not only able to withstand the harshest conditions but allows riders to look their best while doing so!
Today, Kingsland is proud to be a major sponsor of top-ranked riders and prestigious international shows. Beyond that – it’s a brand that transcends riding level and age, providing beautifully designed and quality clothing that riders young and old can adore.
We’re very excited to announce that we are now looking to add a Product Developer to our experienced product team.
As the new Product Developer, you’ll be part of the Kingsland Product Development team. While the company headquarters are located in the beautiful town of Sarpsborg in Norway, we are also open to offering a remote position for the ideal candidate.
As a product Developer in Kingsland, your main tasks will be to create and design new clothing styles and equestrian gear from the ground up.
You will report directly to our Head of Product Development team and take an active part in developing new and innovative products. You’ll also work closely with the sales and marketing teams.
Kingsland is always looking to innovate and grow; therefore, we expect the right candidate to inject their knowledge and expertise into their daily work. As well as relaying that knowledge and expertise to your fellow team members; so that together, we can always learn, grow, and improve.
The position includes:
- Completing the product set for production.
- Managing and monitoring external communities and trends relevant to our brand.
- Working on four collections annually.
- Designing and developing textile products for riding, stable work, and leisure.
- Continuously analyzing, developing, planning, and executing as part of your role.
- Work closely with other members of the development team and other departments.
- Source fabrics, accessories, and new manufacturers.
- Participate in sales meetings, inspiration trips, and trade fairs.
- An exciting, new position that can be shaped and formed by the right candidate.
- A close-knit team environment, where every voice is heard and valued.
- The opportunity to be part of an international working environment in an exciting industry with a leading high-end brand.
- Immense potential for personal growth and development with a company that has grand ambitions.
- Use of home office.
- A work environment that values work/life balance.
- Competitive salary.
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge and experience in creating textile products from start to finish.
- An education in fashion, textile, and design.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or similar design programs.
- Good oral and written skills in English.
- Knowledge of the Equestrian world.
- Experience from other Equestrian brands is an added benefit.
- Experience with product development within horse gear and/or breeches.
At Kingsland, we’re an international brand, which means you’ll be working with both national and international colleagues daily. Therefore, you must be fluent in English. If you happen to speak additional languages, that’s a bonus!
If you have any questions about the position, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the hiring manager, Marianne Kjærnli Fossum, on telephone + 47 906 18 775.
Please send your CV and Application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org