We are proud of how we constantly are seeking better ways in our manufacturing process. When changing our materials, in addition to quality, we have a huge focus on the aspects of thinking about the environment. This is why we now have chosen DuPont Sorona for insulation in several of our outerwear jackets.
So why are we using this instead of traditional down? First of all, we are constantly seeking ways of replacing contents in our products that comes from animals. Second, one of the great benefits of Sorana compared to nylon, is that it uses 40 % less energy in production. Using Sorona is a perfect choice considering animal welfare and the environment.
Some of the great features about Sorona:
- SMOOTHER FEEL: Fluid drape for a fit that moves with your body.
- STRETCH & RECOVERY: Retains its shape and resists bagging for maximum comfort on the move.
- FADE RESISTANCE: UV- and chlorine-resistant for vibrant color over time, wear and washes.
- SOFTNESS:Exceptional softness and rich hand feel for day-in, day-out comfort.
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY: Made from a unique PTT molecular structure designed for maximizing performance.
- RENEWABLY SOURCED: Made of 37% plant-based materials for a more sustainable lifestyle.
- DURABILITY: Strength and resilience for long-lasting performance.
- WRINKLE RESISTANCE: Unique molecular structure snaps back into shape for a smooth, wrinkle-free look, wear after wear.
- INSULATION: Delivers lightweight, breathable warmth for taking on any challenge, in any condition.
- QUICK-DRY: Dries quickly and wicks moisture off the skin for added comfort.
- REDUCING PILLING: Smooth hand feel holds up over time with less pilling.
- BRILLIANT COLOR: Achieves vibrant color easily and at lower temperatures.
We explore untapped possibilities and find a way to make it something truly special. This is how, after decades of research and asking the right questions, DuPont scientists discovered a way to produce PDO—a building block with endlessly versatile potential—using a biological process that would have a global impact:
SORONA PROCESS COMPARED TO NYLON 6:
- Uses 30% less energy
- Releases 63% fewer greenhouse gas emissions
COMPARED TO NYLON 6,6:
- Uses 40% less energy
- Releases 56% fewer greenhouse gas emissions